You may be interested in
SM2 Pro J2534 VCI Multi-brand Auto Scanner Function Covers Mini Vci/OTC/ELS27/DPA5 /Nexiq/Inline-6/MDI2 Powerful J2534 Device
*We have Techstream software link. You may need to buy other software from its offical website.
1. Implementation features of J2534 and RP1210C
Implementation of the RP1210C standard - without any restrictions.SM2 completely replaces devices DPA5/Nexiq/Inline-6 with support for all protocols and a much faster and more convenient connection.
The implementation of the J2534-1/2 standards has the following features:
• For ODIS, MB-DAS, Consult 3+ programs implemented features that go beyond the J2534 standard,
such as a K-line multiplexer and ignition emulators
• The SM2 adapter allows you to work with vehicles with 24V electrical system.
The SM2 adapter has the following limitations:
• Programming voltage supply 5-20V is not supported (required for
programming of many cars up to ~2005). Shorting the legs to the ground is supported.
• The SM2 adapter uses 1KΩ resistors in the K-line pull-up, which results in problems when working at maximum speeds (125-150Kbps) in loaders for blocks ME17.9.7/M74/EDC7/EDC16/EDC17 and others.
Therefore, it should be specified in the settings bootloader minimum speed for K-line (no more than 57.6kbps) or replace one resistor inside the adapter and forget about this problem.
• The adapter is sensitive only to the voltage threshold of the on-board network, therefore, when the voltage The driver will output 7V below 7V, if it is higher, it will output 13.7V. • The SM-2 adapter has built-in resistors on CAN buses (1KΩ), so in most cases, when working with the “on the table” unit, it is not necessary to connect an additional 120 ohm resistor between CAN-H/CAN-L, however, its connection is in no way interfere.
What program does it support：
1. Allison DOC
The program does not allow you to immediately select the SM2 adapter, you need to connect like this:
1) In the main window of the program, press “F4-Connection”.
2) Choose the type of transmission.
3) Uncheck "Smart Connect".
4) Click the "Connect" button.
5) Press the “Advanced” button.
6) In the “Supplier” field, select “SM2RP32”.
7) In the “Protocol” field, select the protocol (CAN Gen5/J1939/J1708) depending on the model transmission.
8) In the device field, select the SM2 adapter (USB or Bluetooth).
9) In the “Channel” field, select “Auto”.
10) Click “OK” - the program will start establishing a connection
The operation of modules with the suffix “J2534/+J2534” is fully supported.
ATTENTION! Operation with SM2 adapter at maximum K-line exchange rate is possible
only after the SM2 adapter has been modified. Otherwise, if in the module settings (tab“advanced”) there is an item for selecting the exchange rate, then you should select “minimum” or "low".
What to look for:
• Some modules imply a minimum delay time between sending a request and receiving a response from the ECU, mainly when reading firmware. This condition may provided only by connecting the adapter via USB. Modules with suffix “+J2534” (not “J2534”!) can automatically connect via CAN or K-lines, depending on the ECU modification, however, the J2534 adapter in these modules
used only for CAN bus connection. For the operation of such modules on the K-line
it is required to connect the native adapter “PAK loader” to the ECU. The program does not indicate which it was the adapter she used when the error occurred, which makes it very difficult to find "guilty".
• Module “BSL Mode TC17xx (J2534) version 1.43”: for reading/writing ECU VAZ ME17.9.7 (TC1762)
sometimes it took several attempts to “turn off / turn on the power + ignition of the ECU with the 87th processor pin shorted to ground, press read/write. It was saying "Error synchronization” or “No ECU response”. The behavior of the program is verified with the Dialink adapter,Cardaq-2 Plus - similar.
• Module “MIKAS-12/M74.5/M75/M86/M86I (+J2534) version 1.9” – if the process is interrupted read or write, the ECU remains in programming mode and no longer enters connection. The “Advanced/End Programming” button only works after complete power off / power on of the computer (as a reset of the battery terminal), the behavior is verified with Dialink adapter - similarly. Detected on the M74.5 CAN block.
Full support for vehicles with CAN-6-14/CAN-3-11/J1850PWM/K-Line(ISO) buses.
• In the “Connection Type” field, select “J2534” • In the “J2534 Adapter” field, select “SM USB” or “SM2 Bluetooth #Axxxxx” • In the “MS-CAN Support” field, select “HS CAN Shared”
• Select “Asynchronous” in the “Send Mode” field, as shown in the figure:
4. GM GDS-2/SPS
ATTENTION!The DVD versions from 2011 that surf the internet do not work through J2534. GM offers an affordable subscription to dealer software for vehicle diagnostics and programming Opel/Chevrolet
The SM2 fully implements (and is available in J2534 mode) the capabilities of a GM dealer instrument MDI version 1 (blue):
CAN bus legs: 1 (Single Wire), 3-11 (Medium Speed), 6-14 (High Speed CAN), K-lines on legs 1, 8, 9, 7, 12, 13. This set gives access to almost all available GM vehicle systems.
The dealer device of the second generation GM MDI-2 additionally has a CAN bus for 12-13 (sensor steering wheel position, etc.) OBDII connector legs – support for this bus is implemented in the adapter
So,it means SM2 can replace the GM MDI AND GM MDI2!
5.Nissan Consult 3+
This software was not originally designed to work with J2534 adapters, however, by editing configuration file, it is possible to run it, but with significant limitations:
• A lot of functionality (reading data, programming) is implemented in the firmware original VI2 adapter, which goes way beyond J2534. The maximum that can be to achieve - reading codes, identification and tests of IM (data reading is available in IM),perhaps different adaptations, etc., there will be no reading of variables.
• The program will see the state of the ignition switch only through the native device VI2. In the driver SM2 J2534 provides an ignition switch state emulator for this program.
• If communication with an adapter is lost, Consult does not attempt to reopen communication and will simply issue a communication error message with the computer or just freeze. Should be restarted
Consult in this case.
• Interrogation of blocks and reading VIN goes with significant delays (compared to original instrument).
• The program is unstable, possible freezes.
Configuring Consult 3+ to work through SM-2: Tested on versions 46.11, 64.11, 65.10:
1) You don't need to edit anything in the registry.
2) In C:\CONSULT III_plus\System\Application\ApplicationData\CommonSetting\DiagnosticTool.ini
you need to add exactly two lines with the name of the adapter (see the figure below):
this module will not work on K-lines via the J2534 adapter. See picture:
(Marelli 7GV, Simos 3.3A), VAZ/UAZ/China (ME17.9.7 VAZ, UAZ), Denso SH705X Bootloader (Suzuki SX4)
Select the desired adapter and click "Connection".
Known issues (to be fixed):
- Renault Traffic: ASDE hangs when polling the multiplex network (only on 64-bit systems). Connect by selecting a block from the list.
- Renault Scenic I: ASDE freezes when exiting ABS diagnostics
(only on 64-bit systems).
10. T-o-y-ota Techstream
This software is fully supported, tested on a large number of vehicles,
made a lot of fixes during the test phase of the J2534 driver to achieve
maximum speed and correct operation.
This software proved to be the most demanding to correct implementation of API J2534.
Below are some of the shortcomings of the Techstream program found in the process testing. The cases considered are not related to the SM-2 adapter, and appear on any adapter J2534. It is also possible that in later versions of the program the listed defects have been eliminated.
IMPORTANT!Always select the correct market (USA, Europe, Japan, etc.)
because the same model (e.g. LEXUS GS300 ‘99) different protocols may be used depending on from the market. When establishing a connection, the program should automatically recognize at least the type engine/model code. If this does not happen, then the market is probably chosen incorrectly.
injectors (CDI), etc. This is due to the poor implementation of the KWP2000 protocol in the DAS program itself.